Nutritionist for Optimal Living
My name is Jennifer and I am a CNS professional and state certified nutritionist in Wallingford, CT. My approach is simple and based on years of one-on-one coaching. Whether your goal is weight loss, managing a health condition, or just feeling better I can help. I create personal nutrition and lifestyle plans while providing support and accountability. This combinatio is the key to success. Studies have shown this again and again.
Curious about my approach? Here are some highlights:
- Balance your hormones, gut microbiome, immune response, & more-> Your body is designed to constantly adapt and maintain a balance (homeostasis). Unfortunately, many of us are out of balance and therefore suffering from anything from low energy to chronic health conditions. I design a plan to re-balance your body inside and out.
- Whole, minimally processed foods-> Our body has multiple systems that regulate weight, metabolism, hunger, fullness, emotions, and so much more. When we eat primarily "whole" foods these systems are able to function properly. This makes getting healthy and staying healthy significantly easier.
- Self-Care-> Self-care refers to taking time to recover, have fun, and invest time in something that makes you happy. This can range from reading a good book to getting a massage. Good self-care can make the difference between a mind/body that is thriving and one that is continually suffering.
- Optimizing your metabolism-> Many factors affect your metabolism. I work to optimize your metabolism so that you feel great and reach your goals at the same time.
- Personal Strategies-> Everyone is different and nutrition is not one size fits all. I work with you to develop not only the diet that is best for you but also the strategies and habits that will make it easy and delicious!
My name is Jennifer and I am a Connecticut state-certified nutritionist and CNS professional.
I earned by Bachelor's degree in Nutrition Communications from a Arizona State University in 2007. After working in the field for a number of years I realized my education was not finished. In 2017 I graduated summa cum laude from the University of Bridgeport with a Master's degree in Human Nutrition.
This program opened my eyes to a deeper understanding of metabolism, optimal health and the human body. As a result I often use methods such as macro nutrient manipulation and strategic exercise in order to optimize your metabolism. Or utilize a modified diet to reduce inflammation and balance hormones. Or even address stress management issues in order to overcome weight loss resistance, bloating, or insomnia.
As a person, I am passionate about learning and trying new things. Some of my current hobbies include cooking and developing recipes, taking as many walks as I can with my family, and doing my best not to obsess over finishing puzzles.
Ready to start feeling amazing?